Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic’s headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with a second location in Mojave, California.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Electromechanical Integration and Test Technician to join our dynamic team. As the Lead Technician, you will be responsible for conducting electromechanical integration and testing activities for our products. You will support assembly, integration, and testing various elements of ground systems, engineering models and the flight spacecraft. This role requires technical expertise and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in electromechanical systems and experience in test.
- Perform integration and testing of electromechanical systems for spacecraft and subsystems.
- Build and assemble mechanical and electrical components for test articles and flight hardware, including complex assembly processes such as welding.
- Perform troubleshooting and testing of complex electro-mechanical equipment
- Support spacecraft and component environmental testing
- Commission and maintain complex and sensitive mechanical and electrical ground support equipment
- Maintain accurate documentation of integration and test activities, including test procedures, test results, and anomaly reports.
- Assists in development and qualification of manufacturing, integration, and testing processes
- Partner with engineering staff, facilities, and procurement agents to identify and order needed tools, equipment, supplies, and PPE
- Ensure labs, cleanrooms, and workplaces are maintained and organized
- Work closely with engineers to understand and improve requirements, documentation, and processes
- Support on-site and off-site test activities including fit checks, vibration, thermal and acoustic testing
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school, secondary school or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of experience or associate degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Experience with common job-related hand tools, common power tools, machine shop tools and test equipment
- Experience in using test equipment, tools, and software used in spacecraft integration and testing, such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, and data acquisition systems.
- Experience fabricating and assembling mechanical prototypes and test fixtures
- Experience with integration and testing of mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, wiring schematics, and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to lift and move heavy items up to 50 lbs
- Able to walk up and down stairs and ladders
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Effective communication and organizational skills
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant electrical/mechanical experience (preferably aerospace)
- A&P / SpaceTec® Certification or equivalent trade school training
- Experience with integration and testing of spacecraft and/or launch vehicles
- Experience with welding preparation and execution
- Knowledge of spacecraft environmental testing, such as vibration testing, thermal cycling, and vacuum testing
- Understanding of personal safety, ESD, and FOD procedures
- Experience viewing and creating parts in CAD (SolidWorks preferred) to aid assembly and testing
- Ability to work in both office and industrial environments
- Integration or testing experience in a 100K or ISO8 class cleanroom environment
Salary Range: $45,000 - $95,000
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and the candidates professional experience. Base salary is just one component of Astrobotic’s competitive total rewards strategy.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.