Summer 2024 Internship - Electrical Engineer
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic’s headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with a second location in Mojave, California.
The Electrical Engineer Co-op candidate will assist in the development of flight hardware avionics. They will also assist in research and part selection for new and future avionics. This role will involve hands-on hardware design for lunar applications and will benefit from mentorship by senior engineers in the area.
*This internship is a 6-month rotation from May 2024 - August 2024.*
- Develop flight hardware avionics.
- Researching and selecting components from various external vendors by verifying that the components meet the mission needs.
- Perform circuit simulations using Pspice, LTspice and prototyping on bread board.
- Testing of fabricated PCBs or integrated avionics systems
- Participate in the full lifecycle of electrical engineering work through tasks and mentorship from senior engineers.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with PCB design software and basic programming languages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Experience with microcontrollers.
- Familiarity with hands-on laboratory work.
- Experience with spacecraft avionics.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and the candidates professional experience. Base salary is just one component of Astrobotic’s competitive total rewards strategy.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.