Sr Technical Writer/ Proposal Strategist (On Site or Hybrid)
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and has a second location in Mojave, California.
Astrobotic is seeking a Senior Technical Writer/Proposal Strategist to join its Proposal Development Team. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of Proposal Development and be responsible for strategizing, architecting, and writing technical proposals for our commercial spacecraft delivery service and spacecraft systems.
Full time on-site work is preferred, but this position is open to consideration for hybrid work.
- Work with a team to develop technically credible, convincing, and competitive aerospace proposals for customers that include NASA, the DoD, and other government agencies
- Draft original content for proposals, including product descriptions, technical specifications, and performance requirements
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts to gather technical information and incorporate it into proposals
- Review technical documentation and convert it into polished and credible proposal content
- Work with graphic designers to create compelling visual representations of technical content
- Assemble, review, and edit proposals to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to guidelines
- Rework proposal content to address feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Provide guidance to other technical writers on the team
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3+ years experience writing government proposals in the aerospace industry
- Basic understanding of spacecraft systems and engineering principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines for multiple overlapping projects
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Deep understanding of spacecraft systems and engineering principles
- Previous experience as a program manager, project manager, or systems engineer in the aerospace industry
- Familiarity with NASA proposal guidelines and procedures
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and the candidate’s professional experience. Base salary is just one component of Astrobotic’s competitive total rewards strategy.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.