Integrated Scheduling and Planning Specialist
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic’s headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with a second location in Mojave, California.
Astrobotic’s Landers & Spacecraft Department is seeking an experienced project manager to support the integrated scheduling and planning of project and programs related to the design, development, integration and manufacture of new spacecraft and landers. This role will be part of the Program Management Office and provide subject matter expertise, scheduling functional excellence, and mentoring and guidance to our project management team across cross broad range of technical programs and sub-systems spanning mechanical fluid systems, electronics, software, manufacturing, and systems engineering.
Note: This position may be filled at multiple levels depending on the candidate's experience
- Oversees development, coordination, integration, analyses, and maintenance of integrated plans and schedules for complex projects and programs across the Landers & Spacecraft department portfolio in accordance with project management industry best practices
- Leads development and initial baseline of Integrated Master Schedules, and supports change management and baseline incorporation into integrated scheduling products.
- Develops, standardizes, and supports generation of metrics and reporting of performance variance and analysis to management
- Works with Program Managers and assists Project Managers (as well as cross functional technical leads) in the development performance recovery plans and incorporates recovery plans where appropriate
- Supports integration of project plans and schedules, horizontally and vertically, across programs, functional groups, suppliers and partners
- Facilitating & managing partnerships with key groups such as Project Management Office, Managers, and System Integration & Test, Engineering teams
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years leading technical projects in a fast-paced environment with accountability for project life cycle planning and execution
- Demonstrated experience developing or managing large, resource loaded project schedules
- Demonstrated experience in Critical Path Methodology and Driving Path analysis and reporting
- Experience managing large, complex projects utilizing Microsoft Project with resource loading/tracking and performance/variance analysis
- Highly organized with a tenacious attention to detail. Adept at managing multiple concurrent projects with staggered deliverables and reporting cycles
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills and capacity to lead meetings and initiates with programmatic and technical team members and partners
- Demonstrated experience generating technical progress reports
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. in engineering, business management, or a related discipline strongly preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in a finance, scheduling, industrial engineering, change management, strategy, program management, and/or project management roles
- Experience with enterprise Integrated Scheduling tools such as Primavera, Open Plan Professional, or similar tools
- Experience in applying Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology and analysis
- Ability to identify, parametrically assess, and execute schedule trade studies mitigate programmatic challenges and recommend recovery plans.
- Experienced at performing and reporting Schedule Risk Assessments.
- Working within an agile development framework
- Demonstrated experience developing Work Breakdown Structures
- Using team collaboration tools (Confluence/Jira) to manage tasks and products
- Creating and contributing to research and sales proposals
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and the candidates professional experience. Base salary is just one component of Astrobotic’s competitive total rewards strategy.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.