Software Project Manager - Landers & Spacecraft
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic’s headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with a second location in Mojave, California.
Astrobotic is seeking a Software Project Manager to support the organization of daily operations of our Lander’s and Spacecraft Mission Software, Guidance Navigation and Control, and Software Integration and Test teams. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to contribute to projects with significant impact on the future of space and technology on the moon.
Note: This position may be filled at multiple levels depending on the candidate's experience
- Creating and coordinating schedules, budgets and resources for concurrent projects with staggered deliverables and reporting cycles
- Integrating, monitoring, and controlling project schedules to ensure milestones and delivery requirements are met and all stakeholders are kept informed.
- Collaborating with managers and leads to ensure schedule, cost, and technical deliverables are met and up to date throughout.
- Creating appropriate reports and records to ensure compliance with company and customer requirements
- Assisting in the development and delivery of technical progress reports, documentation, and presentations
- Supporting the development of technical proposals for mission opportunities
- Development and management of work breakdown structure, program budget, integrated master schedule, and program risk posture.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. in Engineering or related technical field plus 2+ years leading or supporting technical projects in a fast-paced environment with project life cycle planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience developing project budgets, schedules, and risks.
- Demonstrated experience on projects including the development or test of embedded software or firmware.
- Demonstrated experience working with engineering teams and ability to quickly establish close working relationships across teams.
- Ability to work without supervision to lead the development of program plans and schedules for multiple programs concurrently.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience leading life cycle development of human-rated or mission critical spaceflight systems or subsystems.
- Experience working on development or test of guidance, navigation, and control software or autonomous systems.
- Program management experience in support of government customers.
- Demonstrated direct, hands-on experience with space system software development, integration, and testing.
- Advanced MS Project skills (Resource loading/tracking, progress tracking, variance analysis, critical path review and analysis)
Salary Range: $105,000 - $135,000
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and the candidates professional experience. Base salary is just one component of Astrobotic’s competitive total rewards strategy.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.