RF Communications Engineer II
Astrobotic Technology is seeking an RF Communications Engineer to be an integral part of the communications subsystem for Astrobotic’s line of Lunar landers. You will be responsible for establishing requirements for the RF communications subsystem, maturing current design, analyzing system performance and link budgets, assessing risk and reliability, and working with other subsystems to maintain system compatibility.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Experience in the following:
- Developing RF Comms systems through design, development, simulation, testing, verification and operations
- Applying full life-cycle systems development, including requirements development and traceability
- Supporting design reviews such as PDR, CDR, TRR etc.
- Performing link budget analysis
- RF testing, ground station compatibility and integration testing
- Use of RF Lab equipment such as Spectrum Analyzer, Vector Network Analyzer and Oscilloscopes.
- Developing internal and external technical reports
- Prototype languages such as MATLAB/Octave
- Minimum 3 years of experience in vehicle comms systems development
- B.S. in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering with RF Focus
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Scripting languages - Python
- Simulation tools – HFSS
- Knowledgeable of Range Safety and Ground Safety compliance
- Knowledge of space environmental tests (TVAC, EMI/EMC)
- M.S. in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.